FACING THE DECISIVE DECADE: the re-evaluation of everything
The Decisive Decade is upon us—a decade that will determine everything from the health of our planet to the stability of our societies.
The world is undergoing incredible changes that demand action: climate instability, pandemic disease and management, economic fragility, organizational and geopolitical uncertainty, systemic inequities, and eroded trust in our institutions. These shifts will radically reshape the global landscape in the next ten years, and decisions we make today will shape our future for generations to come.
While these challenges appear daunting, they also open opportunities. This is the moment to reevaluate basic assumptions and redefine practices and activities of daily life, current systems and institutions, to work across sectors and borders to find solutions to the most pressing problems of our time, and devise new strategies that allow us to take bold and determined action to build a more just, sustainable, and equitable world.
VIRTUAL PARTNER WORKSHOP + LAUNCH | MAY 17-18, 2022
IFTF Vantage partners explored the new 2022-2032 Map of the Decade research over the course of two half-day interactive sessions, learning to build future-readiness through strategic insights to prepare their organizations to meet the challenges of the coming decade.
Session topics included:
- Facing the Decade: Mapping the Horizon
- Rebuilding the Social Infrastructure: Fragmented Reality, Rehabilitating Well-Being, Social Contract
- Redefining and Scaling New Measures of Success: Aging, Equity
- Office Shock: Thinking Futureback to Create Better Futures
- Imagination & Future-Readiness
- Reinventing the Material World: Place, Food, Energy
- Anticipating the Future by Drawing Out Consequences
Participants heard from and worked with IFTF's very own ...
- Executive Director Marina Gorbis
- Director of Urgent Optimists Jane McGonigal
- Distinguished Fellow Bob Johansen
- Vantage Director of Research Brad Kreit
- Research Director Vanessa Mason
- Digital Intelligence Research Director Jeff Yang
... just to name a few!
Partner with IFTF
For more information about partnering with IFTF Vantage and gaining access to this new strategic foresight research plus access to session recordings, upcoming research launches, and more exclusive partner-only events, please use our info request form or reach out directly to:
John Clamme | email@example.com | 650.233.9566
Earlier Maps of the Decade:
About IFTF Vantage
Institute for the Future is the world’s leading futures organization. Its signature program, IFTF Vantage, is a unique partnership of innovative global leaders that harnesses over 50 years of IFTF global forecasts and pioneering research to navigate volatility, identify emerging imperatives and opportunities, and develop world-ready strategies. IFTF Vantage partners represent businesses, governments, and social impact organizations from around the world that require the most comprehensive view of future forces directly affecting their organizations. IFTF Vantage generates organizational readiness for a world in flux.