IFTF Foresight Essentials
Apply for an IFTF Foresight Essentials Scholarship today
Institute for the Future (IFTF) is a 50+ year-old nonprofit research and education organization dedicated to
helping individuals, organizations, and communities think systematically about the future in order to make
better choices today. Because IFTF’s mission is to expand social impact through foresight—and because
we are committed to the creation of more diverse, inclusive, and intersectional narratives about the
future—we are offering a limited number of scholarships for participants to attend one of our
IFTF Foresight Essentials trainings at no cost.
At IFTF we believe...
- Futures thinking has the power to transform lives
- That in order to achieve more equitable futures, everyone should have access to participate
- The world of foresight is too often dominated by voices of privilege
- Real change depends on challenging the status quo and the dominant narratives today
- Everyone should have equal access to learning futures thinking skills regardless of economic status.
WHAT ARE THE COURSES?
Scholarships are available for the following live IFTF courses:
WHO ARE THEY FOR?
Scholarships are specifically for individuals with financial need who meet one or both of the following criteria:
- People underrepresented in the field of foresight, with a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion, or
- People using foresight for social good/change
WHAT ARE THE DEADLINES?
For online courses, applications must be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to the date of the course
you’d like to attend and you will be notified 4 weeks in advance.
For in-person courses, applications must be submitted at least 13 weeks prior to the date of the course
you'd like to attend and you will be notified 11 weeks in advance.
WHAT DOES A SCHOLARSHIP INCLUDE?
Scholarship funding covers the cost of registration only. For in-person trainings, scholarship recipients
will be responsible for travel and accommodations to the training site.
HOW TO APPLY?
Simply complete a scholarship application:
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.