The Information Generation Outlook Report
The Information Generation: Transforming the Future, Today
An outlook report sponsored by EMC
IN THE MEDIA:
- Time: This Is How Tech Will Totally Change Our Lives by 2025
- CIO: Why digital transformation is a make-or-break proposition
- USA Today: 2025 tech predictions both thrilling and scary
- Press Release: Global Study: Business Leaders Admit “We’re Not Ready For The Digital Future”
To examine the present-day business landscape of the Information Generation and explore how it will evolve over the next decade, EMC and Institute for the Future undertook a research study to identify and forecast defining attributes and shifts. The Information Generation Outlook Report stems from a six-month intensive research effort that blended strong quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
The quantitative portion of the research inquiry was led by the technology market research firm Vanson Bourne. Simultaneously, IFTF led the qualitative arm of the exploration.
The Information Generation Outlook Report's three objectives are to:
- DESCRIBE the current state of global business and the progress achieved in meeting the new business attributes
- IDENTIFY important directional shifts that will inform and influence the future of the Information Generation
- ANTICIPATE what key directional shifts over the next decade will mean for future business attributes
The directional shifts described in this report are based on in-depth interviews with influential decision-makers in multiple industries, including consumer package goods, personal mobility and health care; a day-long, facilitated expert workshop that included a diverse mix of academic, industry, nonprofit and think-tank leaders and resulted in a highly productive conversation on the future of the Information Generation; facilitated discussion with industry leaders at the 2014 Techonomy Conference in Half Moon Bay; and culling relevant research produced by IFTF during the last five years.
Explore the research ...
- View the Information Generation website »
- Download the Executive Summary »
- Download the full Outlook Report »
For more information on ...
- The Information Generation Outlook Report: Rachel Maguire (email@example.com or 650-854-6322)
- IFTF and our research: Sean Ness (firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-233-9517)