What if, together, we could imagine hundreds of civic innovations to improve our communities between 2013 and 2023?
The next decade holds profound opportunities for rapid innovation in governance and government services. New civic technologies will be built with open data, ubiquitous cloud connectivity, real-time sensing, and intelligent infrastructure. This future will be made out of the new relationships between citizens and their governments, creating new ways for government services to be designed and delivered. As governments everywhere struggle with increasing public demand for services in the face of austerity and resource reduction, we need your ideas. What futures can you imagine? What futures will you help make?
Connected Citizens was a one-of-a-kind, 24-hour collaborative forecasting game produced by the Institute for the Future’s Governance Futures Lab. Using IFTF’s Foresight Engine, players exchanged ideas with hundreds of social inventors and creative thinkers from around the world about the technologies, dynamics, and dilemmas generated in this new world of connected citizenship.
- Registered Players = 516
- Cards Played = 6,762
- Countries = 56
- Crowdsourcing the Future of Citizenship (Fast Company Co.Exist)
- Connected Citizens: Filling in the Cracks in a Shrinking Public Sector
- Play a forecasting game about the future of civic engagement (Boing Boing)
More About this Project
- Connected Citizens: Re-imagine How Government Works
- Smart Cities: Crucibles of Citizen-Government Co-Creation
- Connected Citizens: Filling the Cracks in a Shrinking Public Sector
- More than 6,700 Microforecasts About the Future of Governance
For More Information
- Connected Citizens—email Jake Dunagan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foresight Engine—email Sean Ness at email@example.com
Want to stay in the loop with Institute for the Future and our future Foresight Engine games? Follow us @IFTF. For more background information on the future of governance, view Jake Dunagan's article, "The Future of Government" for GOOD.