Imagine BEACH 2030
What if, in just two days, we could collectively reimagine the university of the future?
The Institute for the Future invites you to take a day trip to the future on November 14-15 with a campaign (on the newly launched) IFTF Foresight Engine™ called Imagine BEACH 2030—to surface the new ideas to chart the future of one of California's largest state universities.
IFTF has partnered with California State University Long Beach on a two-year, strategic visioning process to help them chart a future that will embody intellectual achievement, inclusive excellence, innovation, and serving public good. Imagine BEACH 2030 is designed to drive input for this visioning process by creating a broad community of futures thinkers, and allowing voices to surface that normally are not included in institutional strategic planning.
If you were a student embarking on a higher education experience over the next 10 years, what kind of experience would you want? A more diverse student body? More innovative degree options that prepare you for a changing world of work?
To start imagining your own ideas on the future of higher ed, explore a scenario for the future of California State University Long Beach below and RSVP today to watch CSULB create the future on November 14 and 15!
California State University Long Beach has published the results of the strategic visioning process, that IFTF partnered with them on, with 7 key action plans.
Read more about "Beach 2030: A Roadmap for the Next Decade".
UPDATED: MARCH 24, 2021
California State University Long Beach has committed to a strategic vision that means, by 2030 they will build an equitable and empowering culture, eliminate opportunity gaps for all students, ensure CSULB is a destination for talented and diverse faculty and staff, increase access to serve more learners, join faculty and staff with regional partners to benefit the community, and building futures thinking into campus culture.
A little bit about our Foresight Engine™ Platform
- When you share a hope for the future, we call this using your Positive Imagination.
When you share a concern or worry for the future, we call this using your Shadow Imagination.
- Add your own ideas in 10 minutes or less!
Jump into conversation with others to connect and collaborate on ideas in the following ways:
- EXPLORE other people’s ideas. Check out the bubble graph or the feeds, or use the search engine to find future possibilities that grab your attention.
- REACT to ideas. Click the “emoji” face the best represents how you feel about it.
- REPLY to their ideas. Ask a follow-up question, or share why you find it exciting or concerning, or take it a step further. If that happens in the future, what else might happen?
- ADD A SIGNAL to ideas. A signal is a link to an online story, video, blog or website that is an example of something that is already happening today that connects to this idea.
That’s all you need to know to get started! There are pop-up tips that will show you some in’s and out’s as you go.
YOU CAN START GETTING READY TODAY
- Help spread the word, RSVP as many participants as possible at csulb.edu/imagine.
- For more information about the IFTF & CSULB collaboration see the FAQ here.
Thank you and see you in the future!
- LBSU invites students, residents to imagine life in 2030, The Grunion
- Cal State Long Baech wants to know what you think the university's future should look like, Press-Telegram
- Crowdsourcing ideas, CSULB needs help deciding its future, Long Beach Post
- Looking for big ideas to chart the futures of Long Beach State University: BEACH 2030, Press-Telegram
For More Information
- Imagine BEACH 2030 project: Sara Skvirsky | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foresight Engine platform: Sean Ness | email@example.com
Keep in Touch
Want to stay in the loop with Institute for the Future and our future Foresight Engine games? Follow us @IFTF and on Facebook.